Winterblätter

Begonnen von Manne, 02.Nov.11 um 18:16 Uhr

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Manne

in kästen

Stanislav

Again, the chlorosis on some plants, which has occurred in many growers.  It occurs mainly in plants of the genus Anacamptis. It is manifested by the tips of the leaves being green, but as the rosette grows, its centre begins to turn yellow to white. I have not yet found an explanation for this phenomenon even from plant physiology experts. Lack of certain nutrients, such as iron? Unlikely, it occurs e.g. only in some plants in a common container. In addition, watering with an iron-rich nutrient solution has no effect on this phenomenon. Not enough light or a virus? Also unlikely. Sometimes the plant recovers in the following season, but often it does not form a new tuber or becomes increasingly weak. I would guess that it is some sort of metabolic disorder, but that is just a guess, which solves nothing. If someone could explain this phenomenon scientifically (not just speculatively) and, more importantly, how to prevent or treat it, they would deserve a Nobel Prize.

Manne

das war lichtmangel, sie standen etwas ungünstig.
die pflanzen sind ettliche jahre alt und werden auch das
schnell ausgleichen.
die dickeren dinger sind ohrys und sehr kräftig.

Berthold

Zitat von: Stanislav am 12.Nov.22 um 08:03 UhrAgain, the chlorosis on some plants, which has occurred in many growers.  It occurs mainly in plants of the genus Anacamptis. It is manifested by the tips of the leaves being green, but as the rosette grows, its centre begins to turn yellow to white. I have not yet found an explanation for this phenomenon even from plant physiology experts. Lack of certain nutrients, such as iron? Unlikely, it occurs e.g. only in some plants in a common container. In addition, watering with an iron-rich nutrient solution has no effect on this phenomenon. Not enough light or a virus? Also unlikely. Sometimes the plant recovers in the following season, but often it does not form a new tuber or becomes increasingly weak. I would guess that it is some sort of metabolic disorder, but that is just a guess, which solves nothing. If someone could explain this phenomenon scientifically (not just speculatively) and, more importantly, how to prevent or treat it, they would deserve a Nobel Prize.

I also know the effect on some plants of different genera, especially Ophrys and Orchis.
However, the damage usually disappears after 1 to 2 months and the leaves turn green again.
Yes, it seems to be some kind of metabolic disorder.
Weniger gelobt ist genug kritisiert (frei nach Peter Altmaier)

Stanislav

I have practically always observed this phenomenon on Anacamptis plants (papilionacea, sancta, fragrans, pyramidalis, etc.), never on Orchis plants. Maybe it's something else with you, Berthold. I attach a photo of the affected plant Anacamptis pyramidalis, which was already somewhat less affected last season. It is definitely not a lack of light. This phenomenon also occurs with my grower friends and I have observed it more than once in photos here on the forum.

Berthold

Several times the damage has disappeared after substrate replacement.
Here the entire plant has never turned yellow, only the new young leaves after they have initially sprouted green.
Weniger gelobt ist genug kritisiert (frei nach Peter Altmaier)