Chloraea collicensis

Begonnen von lazzaret, 29.Mär.20 um 12:05 Uhr

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

lazzaret

Hello everybody,

It looks like the germination was beginning after 5 weeks. Very happy.

seeds sowed on a malt-agar medium and put in germination in the dark. Fungus strain have been harvested on a sphagnum moss watered with rainwater.

Uhu

gratulations, that looks very good :thumb
Grüße Jürgen

Berthold

Zitat von: lazzaret am 29.Mär.20 um 12:05 Uhr
Fungus strain have been harvested on a sphagnum moss watered with rainwater.

Das ist sehr interessant. Ich hätte gedacht, dass auf den nicht sterilen Sphagnum mehrere Pilzarten leben, die den guten Keimpilz mittelfristig verdrängen.
Weniger gelobt ist genug kritisiert (frei nach Peter Altmaier)

lazzaret

Das ist sehr interessant. Ich hätte gedacht, dass auf den nicht sterilen Sphagnum mehrere Pilzarten leben, die den guten Keimpilz mittelfristig verdrängen.
[/quote]

Maybe i got a lot of chance when i did this isolation...
Now i can see sparse rhizoïds, on 2/3 germinating seeds, connected with hyphaes, so i guess the germination is in progression.

lazzaret

this fungus, as thought, is reacting with other chloraea species.

erdorchideen

That is most interesting - and corresponds to my experience that many Chloraeas as a group will be well supported by the same fungus strain. Just needs to find that strain. Congratulations.
Did the seeds develop leafs and roots finally?
Liebe Grüße,
Frank

neil

Hello Frank, please see attached file.

B1 is a Ceratobasidium and on the 6th June I sowed various Choraea species and inculcated the plate with B1.  I have germination of the following cylindrostachya, virescens, crispa and gavilu, just starting now
Grüße von der süden küste Großbritannien

michael z

Hi at the moment I run also some trials with Chloraea. I grow them asymbiotically on BM1. Germination is good for alpina and cristata. I hope they will thrive further on this media. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get seed of this awsome species here in Europe.