Mineralisches Substrat und Düngen

Begonnen von michael z, 22.Dez.19 um 10:26 Uhr

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

Claus

Das Ca packt man in das Substrat: Kalkstein, Dolomit.
Wer Chemiker werden will, muss Chemie studieren; wer Jurist oder Arzt werden will, muss Jura oder Medizin studieren. Aber um Politiker zu werden, ist lediglich das Studium der eigenen Interessen notwendig. (Max O'Rell)

Berthold

Ja, aber dann darf man nicht in z. B. reinem Seramis kultivieren.
Weniger gelobt ist genug kritisiert (frei nach Peter Altmaier)

lacaitae1990

I add 1% of CaCO3 (calcium carbonate) in the potting mix. It's pure limestone. No need for extra Ca and it is easily attacked by ammonium sulfate.

Claus

In Jans Substrat ist das auch so.
Wer Chemiker werden will, muss Chemie studieren; wer Jurist oder Arzt werden will, muss Jura oder Medizin studieren. Aber um Politiker zu werden, ist lediglich das Studium der eigenen Interessen notwendig. (Max O'Rell)

lacaitae1990

I routinely add 1% of K2CO3 (potassium carbonate) and 1% CaCO3 in the coconut peat before preparing the potting mixture. The Ph is raised very quicly and the calcium and potassium soluble in the organic matter so easily available. i mix it with a special top soil without any peat.
Last point, Ophrys really love NH4+ salts. I don't agree with you Claus with ammonium toxicity for the orchids.
Moreover, ammonium is far less toxic in alkaline soils as bicarbonate bases are able to catch it and in this way reduce it's toxicity.

Berthold

Zitat von: lacaitae1990 am 23.Dez.19 um 12:15 Uhr
I don't agree with you Claus with ammonium toxicity for the orchids.

Nicolas, es scheint aber, dass Ammonium-Ionen im Nährboden das Keimen bestimmter Erdorchideen verhindern.
Svante Malmgren hat den Stickstoff in organischer Form als Aminosäuren dem Nährboden zugesetzt. Dann keimte fast alles. Das war seine wertvollste Erkenntnis.

Claus

Malmgren schreibt ja auch, dass manche Arten Ammonium lieben, leider hat er die aber nicht aufgezählt. Zum Kermen schwieriger Arten sind Aminosäuren unentbehrlich.

lacaitae1990

Correct dear Berthold but i will add more precisions :

1) Svante Malmgrem had discovered that reduced nitrogen in the form of aminos acids was promoting the germination of orchids maybe because it's adapated to a mycoheterotrophic nutrition.
2) The inhibition effect of the ions for the germination  are as follow for the orchids : NO3->NH4+>Aminos acids.
Ammonium ions can be already incorporated into carbon skelettons to produce aminos acids which is not the case of NO3-(nitrate) which must be reduces to NH4+ prior to transamination. So NO3- is more toxic for the germination as the young embryos lack the nitrate reductase enzyme.

neil

Nicolas, what about Iron and Manganese are they not needed
Grüße von der süden küste Großbritannien

lacaitae1990

Neil, i add manganese in micro quantity in the fertilizer. I don't want to use iron as it can increase bacterial proliferation but maybe i'm wrong.

orchis pallens

Zitat von: Berthold am 23.Dez.19 um 12:04 Uhr
Ja, aber dann darf man nicht in z. B. reinem Seramis kultivieren.

Kalkschotter als Drainage im Topf reicht bei den Seramis-Substraten völlig aus, um den Ca Gehalt zu decken.
Blumen sind das Lächeln der Erde

lacaitae1990

it mostly depends on the composition of those limestone based gravel....
You would be surprise about the fact that some acidic plants are able to grow on calcarous rocks because the calcium and the carbonate are no longer avalaible and are bound to other minerals like iron or manganese.
That's why i'm using CaCO3 powder, it is easily dissociated in soluble calcium and bicarbonate.

Berthold

Zitat von: lacaitae1990 am 23.Dez.19 um 15:48 Uhr
You would be surprise about the fact that some acidic plants are able to grow on calcarous rocks because the calcium and the carbonate are no longer avalaible and are bound to other minerals like iron or manganese.

Nicolas, meinst Du vielleicht solche Pflanzen?

Die Zwergalpenrose Rhodothamnus chamaecistus wächst in den Alpen immer in leicht sauren Humusschichten bei einem pH-wert um die 6.
Sie ist aber dennoch keine "saure" Pflanze, denn sie benötigt offensichtlich viel Kalzium. Sie wächst nur über Kalkstein oder Dolomit. Die Humussäuren lösen das Ca aus dem Stein und machen es für die Pflanze verfügbar.
Man kann diese Pflanze im Garten nicht in rein basischem Kalkgestein kultivieren, zumindest ist es mir nie gelungen. In einem leicht sauren Milieu mit Dolomitmehl-Bestreuung wächst sie hier inzwischen gut.

lacaitae1990

It's quite complicated because some acidic plants cannot thrive on basic soils for many reasons :

1) Excess of calcium absorbtion who accumulates in the tissue and create metabolism disorder (which not seems to be the case for xerophilic orchids like ophrys and orchis who react positively to calcium fertilization).
2) Excess of bicarbonate bases who interfere with nitrogen assimilation and retain aluminium and iron in insoluble salts.
3) Lack of P who is bound to calcium and form nearly insoluble tricalcium phosphate.

Some acidic plants like soluble calcium but not calcium in basic soils  who seriously disturb nutrients assimilation for them.

lacaitae1990

Ophrys apifera fed with my homemade fertilizer :