Himantoglossum hircinum

Begonnen von lazzaret, 12.Apr.20 um 11:30 Uhr

⏪ vorheriges - nächstes ⏩

lazzaret

in the various tests i carried out on this species, i was lucky to have a seed which germinated, cleanly, quite distinctly, on which i could see connected mycelium.

my problem begun when this seed started apical dominance and then seemed to stop growing. I have read that certain fungus can initiate germination without going further than this stage.

as I wanted despite trying to force the fungus to go further, I moved this seed on a pasteurized wood substrate...and the fungus moved...this fungus strain has become invasive and, surprisingly, has behaved wonderfully on the wood, colonizing it very satisfactorily (you could see the steps on a picture).

now, i am questionning myself, and you, about what i can do.
my options :

1) isolate the fungus on malt-agar and try to sow himantoglossum hircinum seeds again.
2) isolate this strain on malt-agar and associate this strain with another fungus strain and hope the (future) germinated seeds will go further than just apical dominance.
3) anonther way...?

Uhu

Congratultions for this. I never habe made Experiments with this species and only worked with oak-ager. May be your fungus works also on this.
Grüße Jürgen