gehe zu Seite

Autor Thema: Cynorkis mammuthus  (Gelesen 412 mal)

Offline lacaitae1990

Cynorkis mammuthus
« am: 27.Mai.20 um 10:57 Uhr »
Somebody sent me seeds of this new Cynorkis from Madagascar which unfortunately does not appear on the web.
I sowed it in december last year and replated it 08/04/20 (see pictures below of the evolution).
It grows in volcanic soils cover with a lot of plants and is exposed to full sun. It's a wintergrowing plant

Offline FlorianO

Re: Cynorkis mammuthus
« Antwort #1 am: 27.Mai.20 um 11:03 Uhr »
wow a very nice success!
can you show the plant out of flask?

Offline lacaitae1990

« Antwort #2 am: 27.Mai.20 um 11:15 Uhr »
It's still in the flask dear FlorianO !
I should precise that i took the picture yesterday. I will deflask it in autumn.

Offline Tobias TJ

« Antwort #3 am: 27.Mai.20 um 13:40 Uhr »
That looks promising :thumb!

Do you know this puplication: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12225-017-9715-4?
Cynorkis mammuthus is described there and there are also drawings of this species.
But there is a second species in the publication that shows similarities to the orchid in your picture. It's called Cynorchis elephantipa.  However, it has red spots on the flowers, which I can not see in your picture.
Liebe Grüße,
Tobias

Offline lacaitae1990

« Antwort #4 am: 27.Mai.20 um 13:52 Uhr »
Thank you dear Tobias,

Yes i've already read this publication, seems that mammuthus is very rare and datas are still missing to evaluate it's populations. Anyway, i will sow the remaining seeds and make the plant available for sell. If people are interested please PM me.

Offline FlorianO

« Antwort #5 am: 27.Mai.20 um 13:59 Uhr »
you would share seeds too?